Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Definition of Irony...

Irony (n): Driving your kids to school in the predawn darkness, in the first rain we've had in three weeks... on International Walk to School Day.

It aggravates me that there is no safe route to walk or bike the kids to their new school. Not that there was a safe route to their old school either. Six hundred yards of sidewalk. That's all we need. Six hundred yards. And "Phase 2" is not even in the five year plan for road improvements.

I just couldn't bring myself to drive them to the church across the street and walk them across the road to school this morning. As much as I'd love to support "Walk to School Day", it seems somehow... hypocritical.

Still, at least someone is out there promoting the idea of walking or biking to school. I just wish our town's infrastructure made it a little easier.

No comments: