Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cold Snap!

It was cool and overcast this morning, but a pleasant ride. The weather report said it was going to be sunny and warm on the way home.

Boy was it wrong. 64 degrees and 18-25 mph winds. Downright chilly, compared to what I was expecting. The worst part was the arms. My core and legs were plenty warm from the effort of riding, but let's face it, other than steering and holding up my head, the arms don't do much. I could have pulled on my jacket, but then I would have overheated.

Still, it was a nice ride. Instead of zooming straight home, I got to run a couple of errands and explore a new neighborhood. Each time they build one, I find a new way to avoid some heavy traffic or narrow roads. It's all good. It's encouraging to be able to do more than just ride to work, even if it takes a little longer than driving.

I'm considering making my own "grocery bag" pannier. I want something that will double as a pannier and a shopping bag in the store. I've got some ideas that I need to get on paper. Maybe when I get some drawings done, I'll post them for feedback.

No comments: