Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wardrobe Malfunctions

Commuting tip of the day:  keep an emergency outfit, or at least a shirt and some socks, in your office, even if you drag your clothes to work every day like I do.  A little bit of cash isn't a bad idea, either.  You never know when you're going to need them.

I made it to work this morning in very good time in some excellent weather, with remarkably light traffic.  I was running a little late, but was pleased that things were going well.  Until I started to get dressed and realized, much to my dismay, that the reason I had left my bag open last night was that I had not packed a shirt.

No problem.  I'll just wear my jersey to my 9:00 meeting and then walk over to Wal-Mart and pick up a cheap shirt to wear the rest of the day.  At least I wore one of my plain jerseys, instead of a really garish team jersey or something by Primal Wear  (actually, something like this one would hardly be noticed...).  Uhhhh, nope.  That's not going to work either.  My wallet is in my other pants.  At home.  Did I mention that my lunch supplies at the office are dwindling?  This is not my idea of a diet plan.

So, I suppose this is a suitable excuse to have lunch with the Missus, if she's not already committed somewhere.

Grammar tip of the day (capitalization):  Capitalize a "relationship name" if it accompanies or takes the place of the proper name ("Dad" or "Uncle Mike"), but not if it's used with a possessive ("my dad" or "my uncle").  One (re)learns all kinds of things when helping kids with homework!

No comments: