Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Phone Pics...

Hey! Guess what? My cell phone has a camera built in!

Every now and then, I remember this fact, and manage to take a picture of something that catches my eye. Here are a few.

This first one is hard to see, but if you look closely in the center of the pic, you'll discover a large bolt embedded in the pavement. I'm not sure whether this bolt was caught during the paving process or if it was simply run over so many times on a hot summer that it worked its way down into the asphalt. Folks don't often realize just how "liquid" asphalt really is... it's not a solid!



Here's a zoomed in, color-"enhanced" view...



As it turns out, a 22-oz ("small"??? Did Starbux buy out Wendy's??) soda fits nicely in my upright bottle holder. As long as the lid is on tight (and I haven't yet inserted a straw), everything stays dry. Ya gotta be careful, though. It's not very "bump-proof", and soda can be remarkably hard to clean out of your bottom bracket!



And finally, I don't in any way condone graffiti or destruction of / damage to public property, but this was just funny! This stop sign is at the "head" of a T intersection...

No comments: