Friday, August 8, 2008

Good morning, and welcome!

Well, I just sent out a bunch of invites to this blog. Some of you might be saying.... "Right! What's a blog?" Well, "Blog" is short for "Web Log". It's essentially a self-publishing website. I can pop in here more-or-less daily or weekly or whatever, and post some kind of message. Usually, it'll be a rant, or a random musing from my daily ride, or some neat story about the Missus. or the kids. Maybe even include a picture or two.

The cool thing is that you all can check in whenever you want, and can post comments.

Anyway, this is "private" in that it's by invitation only. But it's "public" in that all the invitees can see the blog and the comments... so remember that it's not email. I'm also still debating on just how private this blog should be, so I won't be using real names and will be avoiding specific locale references. You might want to do the same. I'll probably start a different blog if I want to publish things to the world, but I also might not want to bother keeping up with two blogs...

And if you know anything about RSS, you can "subscribe" and your RSS feeder will tell you when there's something new. So you don't have to keep coming back and checking for new posts. Check your browser - it probably will do this for you.

Who knows... maybe I'll get bored with this in a few weeks.. and maybe this is the wave of the future... we'll see.

Anyway, welcome. And I hope you like what you read.

No comments: