Sunday, August 10, 2008

Old picture... new picture...

I've added a photo to the left that I really like. My wife took this pic of my transition setup from the last triathlon I did a couple years ago. Yes, I do triathlons, or at least I did them. I've been hampered by some overuse injuries because I got too aggressive with training and working out for my young-middle-aged out of shape body.

Why post it now? Well, I just found it in the office and scanned it in. Good memories, that race. It was short (a "sprint" - 800m swim, 14mi bike and 5K run) but very hard. I really enjoyed it, though, and am looking forward to getting back into the race. The other part, of course, is that TwinGirl just did a race this past Sunday. Here's a pic of her zooming to the finish:


She did a great job in this race, and is already bugging me to help her train for another one. We've both got to learn how to swim properly, so that's where we're focusing. Meanwhile, I've had TwinBoy out at the driving range perfecting his aim with a golf club. Maybe I'm raising the next Tiger Woods and Natashca Badmann (google them if you don't know who they are...). We'll see!

No comments: